Oversized Item Delivery Policy
Shipping and Delivery Information
- If you see obvious damage to your shipment carton, you may ask the driver to open the carton and inspect the contents with you.
- If upon inspection you find damage, you may refuse the shipment and write, "Refused, due to damage" on the delivery receipt. Keep a copy of the delivery receipt with your damage notations and contact Customer Care immediately.
- Keep all packaging materials for 30 days to use in a return in case you discover damage or defects after delivery.
If you discover damage or a defect after delivery, contact Customer Care. We will work to resolve the issue and, in our sole discretion, we may:
- Arrange a repair or replacement if an item falls under a manufacturer's warranty.
- Arrange for and pay the cost for repair of an item that does not fall under a manufacturer's warranty.
- Issue a replacement.
- Authorize a return.
- Carriers deliver most oversized items only to the nearest ground-level entrance of your home, business, or residence.
- Exceptions to the above policy include apartments, unusual driveways, or any other obstacles that impede delivery.
- Some freight carriers may consent to carry your item into a specific room or up stairs for an additional cost.
- For more information, review our Stair Carry/Extra Labor Fee section below.
Deliveries to Apartments
- The carrier will take the item to the building's loading dock or the nearest ground-level entry.
- Depending on the building's design, the carrier may leave some deliveries at the main office.
- Redelivery fees, usually ranging from $25 - $125*, will be charged if you miss your delivery appointment.
- The freight carrier determines whether to reattempt delivery.
- The freight carrier may return your item to one of our warehouses if the carrier cannot contact you for delivery, or if you miss your delivery appointment. You are responsible for the cost of return shipping in that situation.
- You have one business day to respond when a freight carrier contacts you to arrange a delivery time.
- If you do not respond and the freight carrier stores your item, you will be charged storage fees of up to $50 per day.
- Daily storage fees may also apply if you do not accept delivery within 3 business days.
- If you refuse a non-defective or undamaged item, you are responsible for all actual return shipping costs.
- Return shipping fees range from $100 to $695, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Some items may also incur a return charge.
- You should pay return shipping fees in advance, directly to the freight carrier.
- We may deduct shipping fees from your refund when the item reaches our warehouse if you do not pay them in advance.
Time Definite Fee:
- If you request a specific delivery time outside of the freight carrier's normal business hours, a "time definite" fee may apply.
- A "time definite" fee ranges from $75 to $125.
- The freight carrier determines available delivery times. Certain days and times are not available in all areas.
Stair Carry/Extra Labor Fee:
- If your item is carried inside your residence, unpackaged/assembled, or carried up any flights of stairs by the carrier, extra fees may apply.*
- The carrier may charge additional fees if steep uphill or downhill slopes lead to the entryway of your residence or business. These fees vary and can exceed $100.
To see if special delivery options are available in your area, call our Customer Service at 1-800-893-3006.
By purchasing an oversized item, you authorize ZestAvenue.com and/or the freight carrier to assess additional fees to your credit card as necessary according to the fee schedule herein.